Apr 30, 2010

Hirokawa Temple, 4/30/10 part 1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/galicias/sets/72157626247434302/


I was walking historical part of my neighborhood at Kanancho, Osaka.






It says, pathway to ruin of the Hirokawa castle. Ancient path, but putting concrete for hikers going to Mt. Katsuragi. For a self Tomason practice, as city finder, http://www.cityofsound.com/blog/2008/08/barangaroo-toma.html
it is getting important to me to find unknown sign posts and keep record with photographs.

It is the entrance steps of Hirokawa temple. I took a photo from the parking lot. The stone wall, stairs and sign poll are very old. The temple gate area is surrounded by pine trees. At the entrance, on the left, there is a belfry with a tile roof.



Another side of the Hirokawa temple garden. I took the photo from a narrow wooden passageway along the edge of the temple facing the garden. On the left there is a temple treasure house/museum, that they keep Kobodaishi historical records and his statues. I went to see inside of the house.
Here is another view of the temple house and garden. They make the little road as a part of imaginative river. They can go up, but I think it is a private property and visiter cannot go up.


Buddha at the temple alter. Even a little private temple, it has a gold decoration around the buddha and looked nice.

There are guardian gods behind the main gods.

They are wild grapevine. It is hard to see, but the purple berries are every where in the forest.

It says, Hirokawa dera (temple) in Japanese on the electric poll. I take photos of signs, so it excites me. (^_~)

This trip report will continue on next blog. Please continue checking my site. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write feedback on this site here. (^_^)
コメント感想よろしくお願いします。

Legs and Arm photography 腕と足

Legs and Arm photography  腕と足  Black and white, San Francisco, 2000