Skip to main content

Intro to Anatomy, #3

Module #4
7/7/07


For #1, I spent much more time for the pre-sketch to be more careful with the proportion and for finding the detail lines and shade than last week. I am still trying to find out which material to use when. I made a mistake that it was the pencil that left the erased lines under the charcoal. Her under left arm became little too dark. I tried but I could not make her eyes like looking down like in the photo.


#2, To me shoulder proportion was the most difficult. Until the final stage, I could not get it right. The shape of his ear is difficult to me too. because it looks like a shell, it is on the circular surface. In my image, it came out little smily and looked older than the photo. I don't know if I am doing right, but I just made background dark.


Homework #4 is Option #1. I like the left side of the skull (on your right) kind of receeding into the background. But after I finished, I realized that the skull leaning down side a little bit, and neck bones are smaller so that it looks like the skull is almost falling down from the neck.


Over all I spent more time for the pre-sketch, and squint my eyes to see more details. I think that my #2 and 3 became much better than last week in terms of proportion and value. Also, with others suggestion, lighter charcaol pencils really helped to contain more value gradation in the images, and I am getting to understand what I am doing. Thank you. I don't have time to re-do EX#1, and will proceed the Module 5.


Tomo




Thanks for your help. And thank you for Sean. Being specific for the comment really helps. I am not good at figure drawing, so any comment would help. It is hard that we have to do our own and recieve comments half in a time for Summer. I may not be able to make a leap of the improvement, but I think I eventually become able to SEE things that I could not before.









































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

cinco de mayo 5/5/2014 Osaka シンコデマヨ

雨の中行ってきました。
cinco de mayo @ Tennoji park
シンコデマヨ









ume blossoms in my town 3.5.17

I went to see Ume flowers at the Chicatsu Asuka Museum.

近つ飛鳥博物館に梅見に行きました。























Frank Lloyd Wright フランク ロイド ライト

Here is my school essay regarding Frank Lloyd Wright.

Yodoko Guest House

There are fourteen building designs, which Frank Lloyd Wright has done in Japan. Six building were built, but two of them were destroyed by the 1923 Magnitude 7.9 Great Kanto earthquake (around Tokyo.)

Frank Lloyd Wright traveled outside of America for the first time, and went to Japan with his wife. There were 37 years old in the year, and he spent two months touring natural and historical landmarks from Nikko (North East of Tokyo) all the way down to (Shikoku island) Takamatsu.

He made a contract to build the new Imperial Hotel in Tokyo in late 1911. After a year of project delays and several trans-Pacific crossings, Wright finally took up part-time residence in Tokyo in January 1917. (Wrightian Architectural Archives Japan)

In 1918, Wright made a design plan for a second house for Tazaemon Yamamura who was the eighth-generation brewer of the famous sake “Sakuramasamurne,” in Nada (near Kobe.) It took a while …